Patient Rights and Responsibilities
The NHS Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled and pledges which the NHS is committed to achieve, together with responsibilities which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively.
All NHS bodies and private and third sector providers supplying the NHS services are required by law to take account of the Constitution in their decisions and actions.
A copy of the Constitution is available from the practice by request.
- Deliver a prompt and efficient service
- Be pleasant and courteous at all times
- Respect your confidentiality
We ask that you - the patient:
- Arrive in time for your appointment
- If unable to keep your appointment contact us to cancel.
- Behave responsibly in a courteous and pleasant manner
- If you bring children to the Health Centre ensure they are under your control at all times.
- Ensure you keep the Health Centre informed of change of address/name.
- Allow 48hrs between request and pick up of medicines